Saturday, August 17, 2013

Cursor jumps off in vmware

I'm pasting here a problem and a solution i found and posted on other forum for the benefit of other users.

I don't know if others experience the same, but it happens too often that when i click the left or right button of the mouse in VMware, the cursor jumps to the edge.
It's annoying and makes it hard to work with the mouse, anyone experience the same or has any solution? I tried 3 different mouses both usb and ps/2.

I'm running it on AMD athlon XP 2400+ with windows xp.


Thanks, I seemed to fix it by installing VMware player version 3.0 which i downloaded from VMware.
It just came out at the end of October.
I can now see that what happened is that the player didn't get full focus and the cursor got confused between the windows and the player, so i could also get the cursor out of the player window.
Now, the cursor only jumps once on the first click , and then can't get out of the player until i press ctrl+alt as it supposed to be, and the cursor doesn't jump anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment